This policy defines the systems we use to collect your information and how we ensure the data we store is secure. The data controller is Riviera Wine SARL registered at 282 Rue de Cistes – Village d’Entreprises 92, 06600 Antibes, France.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR, is a regulation that comes into effect May 25, 2018. The GDPR regulates the collection, processing, transport, and use of personal information about individuals in Europe.
GDPR applies to Riviera Wine because we have both direct and indirect European customers, staff, and partners whose personal information may be collected or processed by us, or on our behalf. Some of the suppliers and companies we use have a GDPR policy in place – this includes Azuz IT, MailChimp, Twitter and Facebook.
To find out more about compliance with GDPR, you can visit the ICO's Guide to GDPR.
1. Your personal data
Riviera Wine collects data in the following sections of our websites in order to help with our newsletter distribution, client / event management, wine orders and business enquiries: “Subscribe / Submit” on the home page, “WSET courses", "Wine Book", "Testimonials" and “Contact” sections of the site.
The type of information we may collect can include but is not limited to:
- Your name, date, postal address, email address, billing address, phone number, product selection and any other contact information such as job position, yacht name and size or company name. We may also collect credit card information via secure third-party sites for the purposes of event registrations or product ordering and on the demand of clients we might undertake credit references, background checks and any other lawful checks on their behalf;
- The records of our correspondence;
- The details of your visit on our website via analytics or statistical tools;
- Information about your computer such as IP address, operating system, browser.
We may keep a record of the correspondence between you and us. We may use your information to send you our company newsletter or other company information and marketing material, surveys for research purposes and to send you updates on new WSET courses, educational and training matters.
The Company may hold digital image data from Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems for the purposes of:
- The prevention and detection of crime.
CCTV data and images are only shared as required by law and as ordered by law enforcement agencies.
All of our past and future Mailchimp email lists are GDPR compliant. For our existing lists (pre-GDPR compliance), we sent out an email asking users on these lists to confirm that they wanted to remain on them. If no response was received, users were removed from the lists.
2. Transfer to third parties / Information Disclosure
By registering as a subscriber on our site (especially for Events) you agree to the transmission and disclosure of your personal data to third parties as necessary. These third parties may be clients outside France and outside the EAA (European Economic Area). By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing outside the EAA. This is in compliance with the French Information and Civil Liberties law of 6th January 1978 and directive 95/46 CE. In our case, this information transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract, for example payment of registration fees. Third-parties may also process personal information subject to the GDPR on our behalf.
We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise share for marketing purposes your Personal Information with third parties without your explicit consent.
Prospective buyers of Riviera Wine or any of its assets: If we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party, your personal data may be one of the transferred assets.
Although Riviera Wine makes every effort to preserve users’ privacy, we may need to disclose your personal data to third parties if required in order to comply with legal obligation.
3. Data security
This site uses a security system that protects your information from unauthorised use. However, as no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 % secure, we can not take responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
4. User Rights
We take privacy seriously. In compliance with the French Information and Civil Liberties law of 6 January 1978 users have free access to correct, supplement, update, block or erase data affecting him or her when errors, inaccurate information or data, the collection, use, transfer, keeping of which is forbidden, have been detected. Any user also has the right to ask Riviera Wine not to process their personal data.
Should you wish to exercise said right and receive all your personal information kindly contact the company known as Riviera Wine at email@example.com. You are required to verify your identity by sending a proof of identity such as copy of your passport.
- Anonymous aggregate information about visits to this site (these cannot be associated with a particular user);
- Your e-mail address if passed to us for inclusion on our mailing list. We treat all customer information as strictly confidential and it is never revealed to third parties without your explicit consent.
- We use customer information for the following purposes: To evaluate use of the website; send you our company newsletter or other company information and marketing material if you have opted-in, surveys for research purposes and to send you updates on new WSET courses, educational and training matters.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies, but if you do so, part of the site may not work correctly. Information about your computer such as your IP address, operating system and browser type may also be used to examine usage trends, but this will not allow for any personal identification.
6. Links to third parties’ sites
Our policy may change from time to time. In this case the amended version will be published on the site.
8. Contact us
Riviera Wine will refrain from keeping information on users upon written request from them. If you want your information to be removed from our database or if you have any request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Riviera Wine, 282 Rue de Cistes – Village d’Entreprises Euro 92, 06600 Antibes, France.
Last updated: 21 May 2018.